Tuesday, December 9, 2008

this dark day
of snow flakes flying
and birds hiding
I scatter seed outside my door
hoping for a friend

This not working thing is for the birds! (ha! no pun intended) My energies are so diffused that I feel lost and restless, wandering through my days, so one of the things I've been doing is looking for the birds! I've always been a bird lover and never really had the time to befriend them. So I went online (another of the many diverse and useless things I do with my free time)and read up on backyard birding, what kinds of seed attracts which kinds of birds, what feeders to use and where to hang them, and various other tips. So far I've hung several different feeders (one I made myself!) all around my house but still no birds. One site said that the birds are pretty content with foraging in the fall, but when the winter sets in, they should find their way to me and my feeders. Ah, what a glorious day that will be!

No comments: